You'll Get Used To It! ...The War Show
A Nostalgic Musical CelebrationBy Peter Colley
Directed by Alex Mustakas
Choreographed by Gino Berti
Music Direction by Jim Hodgkinson
Set Design by David Antscherl
Costume Design by Julia Holbert
Lighting Design by Jeff JohnstonCollins
June 27 to July 13
Huron Country Playhouse II
In celebration of the 75th Anniversary of D-Day, the joys and sorrows of war are explored in this unforgettable nostalgic musical that follows the journey of six Canadian infantrymen.
With a mixture of side-splitting comedy and heart-wrenching tragedy, the essence of World War II is captured through the eyes of Canadian soldiers themselves as they experience everything from training and the anguish of leaving loved ones, to the anticipation of actually going to fight the enemy, the fear and danger of battle, and the sorrow of losing comrades.
This moving theatrical production brings history alive, featuring popular music from the 1930s and 1940s including "The White Cliffs of Dover," "We'll Meet Again," "A Nightingale Sang in Berkeley Square," "I'll Be Seeing You," and many more hits of the era.
So pack up your troubles in your old kit bag and get ‘in the mood’ for an unforgettable theatre experience in tribute to our cherished veterans.
Huron Country Playhouse II
RR 1, 70689 B Line
Grand Bend, ON N0M 1T0
ALSO PLAYING AT
St. Jacobs Country Playhouse | June 5 to June 22 Click here
Recommended for all ages 10 and up. There is no official rating system for live theatre. We encourage you to use your judgment based on your child's age and maturity level. Click here to read our complete Ticket Policy.
2 hours and 40 minutes including one intermission.
Meet The Artists
The Company(in alphabetical order)
The Creative Team
Photos & News
- "★★★★★ 5 Stars! Saw the WW2 Musical 'You'll Get Used To It! ... The War Show' : excellent story, singing, piano playing, acting! Our group, and, I believe , everyone in the theatre were deeply moved by this play. We laughed, we cried, and felt much more educated about the emotions and turmoils of war." - Passenger693645, TripAdvisor
- "★★★★★ 5 Stars! I didn't know what to expect as this is a play based on the great wars. The play followed the war from it's hopeful beginnings to the realities of war. Humour, tragedy, wonderful songs, excellent acting and dancing combined to test our emotions and provide sheer entertainment." - Interested043, TripAdvisor
- "★★★★★ 5 Stars! This production was so well done, my friends and I laughed, cried and sang along. It was wonderful.We all remember WW2 and it brought back so many memories." - Frances P., TripAdvisor
- "★★★★★ 5 Stars! It's a fabulous show with both laugh out loud moments as well as times when there's a tear or two shed. I definitely recommend this show ....it's a "must see"!" - Diane B., TripAdvisor
- Entertain This Thought: "You’ll Get Used to It … The War Show - Funny and Poignant – You’ll Get Used to It" Read the full review here.
- London Free Press: "Review: You'll Get Used to It a fun-loving tribute to Second World War soldier's life" Read the full review here.
- Rick's Blog: "You’ll Get Used to It! The War Show recalls the last Good War in song" Read the full review here.
- Wellington Advertiser: "REVIEW: You’ll Get Used to It … The War Show offers poignant tribute to Second World War" Read the full review here.
- Waterloo Region Record: "Anniversary of D-Day perfect timing for opening night of ‘You’ll Get Used to It!’ in St. Jacobs" Read the full review here.
- Inspiring Musical Honours 75th Anniversary of D‐Day at Huron Country Playhouse in Grand Bend Read More