Thank You To Our Volunteers
We could not do it without you! Throughout the year hundreds of volunteers play a leading role in the success of our theatre company by contributing their time, talent and enthusiasm to Drayton Entertainment. Volunteers participate on the Board of Directors, as adult and student theatre volunteers at each venue, and as dedicated members of the Friends of the Drayton Festival Theatre and the Huron Country Playhouse Guild. Drayton Entertainment gratefully acknowledges the contribution and commitment of our extended family of volunteers.
What do volunteers do?
You will find that being part of Drayton Entertainment offers many rewards. You will have a chance to meet new people, use your skills or learn new ones, participate in theatre events and special activities, support the local arts community and most of all - you will be an important part of our dynamic and enthusiastic team.
- Front of House duties - including ushering in the theatre, greeting patrons, concession sales and other related activities. This is the primary role of most Drayton Entertainment volunteers.
- Provide administrative support to staff and assisting with special projects.
- Assist with special events and outreach programs.
- Act as welcoming, knowledgeable hosts and ambassadors for our organization and support our efforts to ensure patrons have an outstanding experience at Drayton Entertainment theatres.
Where are the theatres?
The Drayton Festival Theatre (Drayton), Huron Country Playhouse (Grand Bend) and King's Wharf Theatre (Penetanguishene) are seasonal and operate from June until September.
The Schoolhouse Theatre in St. Jacobs offers an extended run show from September until December.
The St. Jacobs Country Playhouse (Waterloo) and Hamilton Family Theatre Cambridge (Cambridge) operate year-round.
What are the requirements for a theatre usher volunteer?
- The minimum time commitment of one shift every two weeks. Shifts are generally 3 to 4 hours long. Schedules are flexible.
- The minimum age to become a youth usher at Drayton Festival Theatre, King's Wharf Theatre and Huron Country Playhouse is 13 years old.
- The minimum age to become a youth usher at St. Jacobs Country Playhouse, Hamilton Family Theatre Cambridge, and St. Jacobs Schoolhouse Theatre is 14 years old.
- Outgoing personality and excellent customer service skills are an asset.
How do I apply?
Submit a completed application form online or at our theatre box offices and we will be in contact with you soon!
Click here to fill out the Volunteer Application Form to get involved!
If you have any questions about volunteering please contact:
Friends of Drayton Festival Theatre
The Friends of Drayton Festival Theatre is a group of volunteers who work to generate awareness for the theatre through marketing and networking initiatives. The Members of Friends of the Drayton Festival Theatre act as representatives on community boards, participate in backstage tours, greet and usher patrons, fundraise for projects and capital campaigns, and organize many other fun activities!
For more information or to become a Friend of Drayton Festival Theatre please contact:
Phone: (519) 638-3056
Friends of Hamilton Family Theatre Cambridge
The Friends of Hamilton Family Theatre Cambridge is a group of volunteers who work to generate awareness for the theatre through marketing and networking initiatives. The Members of Friends of the Hamilton Family Theatre Cambridge act as representatives on community boards, participate in backstage tours, greet and usher patrons, fundraise for projects and capital campaigns, and organize many other fun activities!
For more information or to become a Friends of Hamilton Family Theatre Cambridge please contact:
Huron Country Playhouse Guild
The Huron Country Playhouse Guild is a dedicated group who work to generate awareness for the theatre through marketing and networking initiatives. For over forty Seasons, our dedicated volunteers have been active in raising funds, operating the Gift Shop and providing ongoing support to the Huron Country Playhouse. Each year the Guild holds many events and fundraisers such as the Huron Country Playhouse Guild Gala and Annual Gigantic Book Sale. Meeting monthly, the Guild welcomes everyone who is interested in participating in our commitment to the theatre.
To join our camaraderie, simply leave your name at the Huron Country Playhouse Gift Shop and the Board President will contact you. New Members are always welcome! If you have any questions about the Huron Country Playhouse Guild please contact: