The Birds and The Bees
A Courtship ComedyBy Mark Crawford
May 23 to June 10, 2018
Hamilton Family Theatre Cambridge
(formerly Dunfield Theatre Cambridge)
This winning courtship comedy about chance encounters and fresh starts is a racy recipe for relentless laughter.
Sarah, a turkey farmer, has just left her husband and moved back home with her mother Gail, a long-divorced beekeeper who drowns her loneliness in the honey business. Both women are struggling to put their lives back in order when their hive is frequented by Ben, a strapping young grad student intent on studying the decline of the local bee population.
Throw in a meddlesome neighbour, a little internet dating, and a pair of tickets to the last-ever Turkey Days Dance, and love, lust and poultry come together in a raucously funny comedy with a huge, honeyed heart.
Hamilton Family Theatre Cambridge
46 Grand Ave., S.
Cambridge, ON N1S 2L8
Contains mature themes. Recommended for ages 15 and up. There is no official rating system for live theatre. We encourage you to use your judgment based on your child's age and maturity level. Babes in arms and children age two and under are not permitted in the theatre. Click here to read our complete Ticket Policy.
2 hours and 20 minutes with one intermission.
Meet The Artists
The Company(in alphabetical order)
The Creative Team
Assistant Stage Manager
Photos & News
Photo credit: Terry Barna, Gabrielle Jones in The Birds & The Bees, Drayton Entertainment. Director Marti Maraden, Set Designer Samantha Burson, Costume Designer Rebecca Wolsley, Lighting Designer Davida Tkach. Photographer: Liisa Steinwedel.
- "Fantastic show. One of THE best comedies we have ever seen at any theatre. We had no prior knowledge or expectations of the production, it was absolutely fabulous. The cast is to be commended for their clear delivery of the script. Since they appeared to be enjoying the production, it was more memorable for us." - Warren F., Email
- "…wonderful performance of the Birds and the Bees.. have recommended it to all my friends. Laughter, applause, smiles all round … My advice is for you all to see this play, I won't go into the rest of the hilarity... don't want to spoil it." - lorraine12018, TripAdvisor
- "Fantastic Venue and Funniest Production EVER! We went to see "The Birds & The Bees" and fully enjoyed the comedy. The audience loved it and we laughed till it hurt at times." - 1greenwood, TripAdvisor
"'The Birds & The Bees' is a play that delivers both laughs and food for thought." - Waterloo Region Record
Read the full review.
Gabrielle Jones has her first experience with 'The Bird and the Bees'. Read the full story here.
Racy Comedy with a Huge Honeyed Heart at Hamilton Family Theatre Cambridge. Read full release here.
May 23 to June 10
Hamilton Family Theatre CambridgeBefore your purchase, please click here to read our complete Ticket Policy. Click "Buy" to purchase your seats. To reserve wheelchair accessible seats or to book a subscription, please call our box office at 1-855-372-9866.
Package only $70 plus tax (gratuity included)
Save 25% at Hamilton Family Theatre Cambridge (formerly Dunfield Theatre Cambridge)!
Tickets to select performances of The Birds and the Bees available:
- Wednesday, May 23 & 30 at 2:00 p.m.
- Thursday, May 24 at 2:00 p.m.
- Thursday, May 31 at 2:00 p.m. & 7:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, June 6 at 2:00 p.m.
- Thursday, June 7 at 2:00 p.m. & 7:30 p.m.
Tickets to select performances of Man of La Mancha available:
- Tuesday, October 16, & 23 at 2:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, October 10, 17, 24, & 31 at 2:00 p.m.
- Thursday, October 11, 18, & 25 at 2:00 p.m. & 7:30 p.m.
- Thursday, November 1 at 2:00 p.m. & 7:30 p.m.
Meal Voucher to Blackshop
Restaurant Reservations available at: 4:30 p.m., 4:45 p.m. 5:00 p.m., or 5:30 p.m.
Call 1-855-372-9866 to book today!