The New Irving Berlin MusicalMusic & Lyrics by Irving Berlin
Book by Gordon Greenberg and Chad Hodge
Based on the Film from Universal
Sept 13 to Sept 29, 2018
Huron Country Playhouse
Check in for a tap-happy musical about a crooner and a hoofer vying for the affections of a beautiful up-and-coming performer in this new stage adaptation of the beloved 1942 Bing Crosby and Fred Astaire film.
Twenty iconic songs from Irving Berlin’s phenomenal musical catalogue are featured in this celebratory musical spanning four seasons, including “Blue Skies,” “Cheek to Cheek,” “White Christmas,” and more.
When Jim Hardy leaves the bright lights of show business behind to settle down on his farmhouse in Connecticut, he quickly discovers life isn’t quite the same without a bit of song and dance. His luck takes a spectacular turn when he meets Linda, a spirited schoolteacher with talent to spare. Together they turn the farmhouse into a fabulous inn with dazzling performances to celebrate each holiday, from Thanksgiving to the Fourth of July. But when Jim’s best friend Ted tries to lure Linda away to be his new dance partner in Hollywood, Jim must compete for her affections. Can he win her heart?
ALSO PLAYING AT
Drayton Festival Theatre | May 16 to June 3 Click here
Hamilton Family Theatre Cambridge | Nov 22 to Dec 30 Click here
Huron Country Playhouse
RR 1, 70689 B Line,
Grand Bend, ON N0M 1T0
Recommended for all ages. There is no official rating system for live theatre. We encourage you to use your judgment based on your child's age and maturity level. Babes in arms and children age two and under are not permitted in the theatre. Click here to read our complete Ticket Policy.
2 hours and 25 minutes with one intermission.
HOLIDAY INN is presented through special arrangement with R & H Theatricals: www.rnh.com.
Meet The Artists
The Company(in alphabetical order)
The Creative Team
Photos & News
Photo credit: Zach Trimmer and Company in Holiday Inn, Drayton Entertainment, 2018 Season. Director & Choreographer Michael Lichtefeld, Music Director Jeannie Wyse, Set Designer David Boechler, Costume Designer Rachel Berchtold, Lighting Designer Kevin Fraser. Photographer: Hilary Gauld Camilleri.
- "Amazing show. We thoroughly enjoyed every moment ... super dancing and singing.” – Doug W., Facebook
- "... Great singing and dancing, and the choreography was stunning.” – browncondo2102, TripAdvisor
- "So many standouts in the cast! This is a MUST SEE show!”– Malcolm C., Facebook
- "Honestly, I’m obsessed with this show. I’ve seen it three times now. Lol. Tap dancing, love, comedy and so many holidays! Can I just have a free pass to every show? Kthx.” – Gina j., Facebook
- Stratford Festival Reviews: "“Holiday Inn” at the Huron Country Playhouse is a show for the whole family." Read the full review here.
- The London Free Press: "It may be a new version, but Holiday Inn: Irving Berlin's New Musical is a dance down memory lane. And what a dance." Read the full review here.
- Waterloo Region Record: "... the music is timeless and thanks to this outstanding cast,there is not a moment of boredom, it's just all action, all the time." Read the full review here.
- Entertain This Thought: "It may be a cliché to say that this show has something for everyone – but this time it’s true! Snow falling, spring fashions, farm wheelbarrows, and Vegas show girls. With powerful singing and lively dancing, you can celebrate your favourite holiday!" Read the full review here.
- Sherwood Park News: "Thanks to an extended season this year, audiences at the Huron Country Playhouse are enjoying Irving Berlin’s classic musical Holiday Inn." Read the interview here.
- Casting Announced for Canadian Premiere at Drayton Festival Theatre. Read full release here.