The Great Community Talent Search Rules of Participation
Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions relate to submissions and participation in The Great Community Talent Search for Drayton Theatres Inc. (Drayton Entertainment).
• Entry into The Great Community Talent Search is free of charge and open to non-professional people at any age who reside in the province of Ontario. The Great Community Talent Search is not open to professional performers.
• Employees of Drayton Entertainment are not eligible to submit.
• Submissions must be in the form of a video. By uploading your video, you are signifying your agreement to these terms and conditions and consenting to your video being used for the purposes related to The Great Community Talent Search.
• You acknowledge and agree to abide by the rules, regulations, terms and conditions for this talent search as determined by Drayton Entertainment and you acknowledge that the rules may be changed at any time by Drayton Entertainment in its sole discretion.
• Decisions regarding all elements of the submission process and the talent search are final.
Video Submission Requirements
• Your video submission must be no longer than 4 minutes. We cannot accept large files by email. Only "Unlisted" YouTube videos will be accepted. Click here for instructions on how to upload an "Unlisted" video to YouTube.
• Your video must not be distorted or enhanced in any way.
• Please ensure that you are the only person featured in the video or, for group submissions, please make sure that only members of the group are featured. You must have the consent of all group members to upload the video and for Drayton Entertainment to use the video.
• If you are under 18 years of age, parent or legal guardian consent is required before submitting your video link. If you are submitting a group video featuring anybody under the age of 18, please ensure you have the consent of their parents or legal guardian.
• Your video must not contain any material that is in any way defamatory, offensive, obscene, harmful, inappropriate, or unlawful.
• By submitting your video link, you grant Drayton Entertainment an irrevocable licence to use, edit, reproduce, distribute, transmit, broadcast, make available and display all or part of your video (including but not limited to your performance) without charge by any medium or method now known or later invented including without limitation online, to be exercised in their sole discretion.
• You are responsible for the content of your video. You assert that you are fully authorized and entitled to submit the video in accordance with these terms and conditions, and that in doing so you will not infringe the copyright or other rights of any third party or infringe any applicable laws or regulations.
• You understand that your submission is for consideration only. Nothing in these terms guarantees that Drayton Entertainment will use or share your video.
• The information given by you in your submission may be used by Drayton Entertainment should you be selected to participate further in The Great Community Talent Search.
• Talent videos may be submitted using our online form. Submissions are now closed.
• Online form submissions close at 11:59 p.m. EST on Wednesday, October 6, 2021
• Drayton Entertainment does not accept any responsibility for any technical problems that may result in any submissions not being received.
• Submissions received after the closing date may not be considered at the sole discretion of Drayton Entertainment.
• Applicants may be selected and invited to attend an online video meeting during the selection process.
• If you are under 18 years of age, you must be accompanied by your parents or legal guardians at the filming if you are chosen for the Top 9.
• If you are invited to film a live performance, you irrevocably grant all permissions necessary for Drayton Entertainment to film and record the performance and to use recordings featuring your image and/or voice without compensation in the form of payment or otherwise.
• At Drayton Entertainment, we respect the rights of our customers, supporters and other stakeholders to personal privacy. We are committed to protecting the confidentiality of personal information and subscribe to all the safeguards standardized in the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA), the federal privacy law for private-sector organizations which sets out the ground rules for how businesses must handle personal information in the course of commercial activity.
Representations and Warranties
• You hereby represent and warrant that all personal details and/or information given in your application either in this form or otherwise (including in any talent video submission) are truthful, accurate and in no way misleading.
• You hereby represent and warrant that you have the right to be in Canada.
• You hereby represent and warrant that you are able to travel at your own expense to the Hamilton Family Theatre Cambridge on Saturday, October 16 if you selected as part of the Top 9 for The Great Community Talent Search.
• Drayton Entertainment reserves the right to disqualify you if you have supplied untruthful, inaccurate or misleading personal details and/or information, have failed to abide by the Rules and/or are in breach of the terms of this agreement.
Confidentiality & Disclosure
• You will not publish or discuss with anyone else any information relating to The Great Community Talent Search, your potential appearance in the search, the process or any participants in the talent search nor any other information that may come to your attention except where such information is already available to the public.
• You must disclose to Drayton Entertainment details of any convictions in addition to any charges that have been brought against you that are still pending. You shall notify Drayton Entertainment immediately if there are any criminal charges brought against you or if any information you provide in your application becomes inaccurate between now and October 16 or thereafter if you selected for the Top 9 of The Great Community Talent Search.